Troop 759 Service Project | Restoring Overgrown Landscaping
A Scout is Helpful... Helping a Neighbor In Need
Our neighbor had a substantial amount of overgrown vines, weeds and other items in her front and back yards. The uneven ground and vines posed a danger for her walking around the property. We volunteered to clear the area to make a safe for her to walk the grounds and to continue to use the property.
- Removal of a massive honeysuckle growth with a deep root system
- Removal of pine branches that overgrew a water feature and the yard
- Removal of old materials previously cut down but not disposed of
- Removal of vines and weeds from the front yard down to the dirt for reseeding of clover grass
- Restoration of garden beds and a pathway
- Mulching beds and moving thistles.
The project took about 7 days with 2-3 hour days and 4 Scouts who cleared and bagged the debris and bundled the wood for removal.